call Sue Melvin, Living Donor Coordinator, Saint John Regional Hospital

Bill TGH

cheers
Bill TGH

{..its all about completion... not perfection }

Wanted - 1 Kidney,
call Sue Melvin, Living Donor Coordinator, Saint John Regional Hospital

Mossie

Nice pics!  I'll add a concept to those, Avpro's Stealth Trimaran Aircraft Carrier:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rickshaw

Landing on that trimaran with such an angled deck would be quite an adventure!
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

coops213

Is there an advantage to having two intersecting runways like that Chinese one has? I can't imagine that they could both be used simultaneously.

Chris

dy031101

Maybe the angled deck for that trimaran design should be run only between the centreline hull and port side sponson......

Oh oh oh, does anyone have projected specs. for the trimaran design?  Like how many airplane it is supposed to carry and all?

Quote from: coops213 on September 13, 2009, 07:45:39 AM
Is there an advantage to having two intersecting runways like that Chinese one has? I can't imagine that they could both be used simultaneously.

About the only advantage I can think of is that the carrier won't lose the ability to properly recover aircraft when one of them gets damaged.
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

Caveman

unless the intersection gets damaged. Surely two parallel runways would offer that advantage better...
secretprojects forum migrant

andyreb3

I think with the intersecting landing runways only one would be in use at a time due to the hazardous area the flight deck is at anytime. Beside that carrier looks like something seen on either the Thunderbirds or Captain Scarlet.

The Trimaran Carrier however I see issues with ballast balance and quite frankly the radar cross section of that ship would be like  sticking a big sign on the ship that says Aircraft Carrier and having a bullseye in the center of the ship with the words Hit Bullseye Win A Prize.

While nice the Trimaran Carrier is just impractical as a design.

GTX

Quote from: andyreb3 on September 13, 2009, 12:07:27 PM
quite frankly the radar cross section of that ship would be like  sticking a big sign on the ship that says Aircraft Carrier and having a bullseye in the center of the ship with the words Hit Bullseye Win A Prize.

Interesting comment given it was specifically 'designed' to be stealthy.

QuoteWhile nice the Trimaran Carrier is just impractical as a design.

Whilst different and with some limitations - e.g. docking in existing ports, it does actually have some advantages such as increased stability and the possibility of the outer 'sponsons' providing shielding for the centre hull - potential place to place critical stores or equipment.
I will check my files once I get home but I believe I have more detailed info on the STAC proposal.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

andyreb3

Somebody said the design was to be stealthy,,was probably the guy who designed the hypersonic insertion aircraft for the military a few years  ago, which was not really stealthy, what of the sonic booms and the atmospheric skipping is stealthy.

The trimaran between the predictable wakes and the impractical design i don't see the stealth advantage.

jcf

Ever wonder why there are NO really large multi-hulls of any sort wandering about the oceans?

While multihulls do have some stability advantages, those advantages do not scale-up very well, as the size increases
the length-to-beam (fineness) ratio has to get higher by decreasing the distance between the amas and the main hull. It doesn't
take long to get to the point that the distance between keels is so small that a single-hull is more efficient.

The trimaran carrier in the Avpro drawing would have horrible sea-keeping characteristics.

Sauragnmon

That and they have a horrible response to wave action in larger operation.  The biggest multi-hull I can think of is either that British one they studied for a while, or the LCS-2 trimaran design.

The only one of any potential merit would be a SWATH hull, because of the stability and handling in the design, but their catch 22 is massive cost.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

jcf

Quote from: Sauragnmon on September 14, 2009, 11:45:51 AM
That and they have a horrible response to wave action in larger operation.  The biggest multi-hull I can think of is either that British one they studied for a while, or the LCS-2 trimaran design.

The only one of any potential merit would be a SWATH hull, because of the stability and handling in the design, but their catch 22 is massive cost.

Yep, could you imagine a simple 3 to 5 degree roll on that Avpro design? One moment you're landing downhill, the next you splatting into the rising deck.  :banghead:

Spey_Phantom

BUMP,

look at this image i found, now that is a "cool" aircraft carrier, an "Ice Cold" killer  :lol:  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.