F-18FL French Navy

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, April 13, 2006, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elmayerle

QuoteQuieres que hablamos espanol amigo? bueno como quieres... hasta pronto!
Y porque no?
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Lord Darth Beavis

3 Time National Champions: 1958, 2003, 2007

2 BCS Championships: 2003, 2007

How many BCS trophies in your trophy room, USC?

Geaux Tigers!

Archibald

PD7, tu connais la différence entre un pull over et une moule...?

Ah zut j'ai oublié mon agenda, jetez moi la

Prenez un chewing emile (toma un chicle emilio)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

... :huh:

My poor topic!! :huh:  :huh:

:P  
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Archibald

Yes... Ok let's come back to your superb F-18(FN) (which seems a kind of LePen hornet )  :P
F-18 entered service in 2003 on the CDG. Later, they equip the brand new CVF-01 Georges Pompidou (this sound ridiculous for a carrier, but well...we can attempt Francois Miterrand, but please no Giscard d'Estaing  carrier :P  )
Of course we can imagine that Elf Aquitaine  found oil off-shore the atlantic coast (near Biscarosse or Bordeaux :P ) and as a consequence earn sufficient money to allowed France having a third carrier (CVF-02 Francois Miterrand or Jacques Chirac lol)
F-18F are reequiped of the M-88-5 with 10200kgp of thrust, AESA radar, Meteor  long range AAM and MICA-3 S/MRAAM. In 2020 , Neuron-2 UCAV are navalised and used for ground attack.
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Well, interresting points... For the moment, in 2011, we have only one CV, the Charles de Gaulle, but the second one, the Richelieu wil arrived next year... And for a third aircraft carrier, we will see... But what is happening with Mozambique will probably sensibilised the public to the need of a third carrier...

But already, we have in 2011 two CVW for two CV (in reality, we will have only one CVW for two carriers, not allowding two main missions, even when the two are at sea at the same moment!  :(

But in my story, I deal with that! I even form a Special Operation squadron ;)

OK, now, la suite des évenements!!

PS: it is F-18FL, not FN !!! C'est fait exprès !! ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

April 4th/5th
Rain finally stopped falling al over the area...
Yesterday, according to the meteorological and intelligence services, French government decide starting the Opération Hippocampe (Operation Sea Horse)... Since April 1st, French President Ségolène Royal was dealing with British and Madagascan governments in order to liberate the Comoros with minimal civilian victims... Due to the high risks of having spies in the Madagascan official services, it was decided that the French will decide alone when the war start and the allies will be prevented at the last moment...

And tonight is the good moment... The first phase of "Operation Hippocampe" could start.

PHASE ONE: Preparation

- Two days ago, the 11F squadron left the Charles de Gaulle and arrived in now closed Dzaoudzi airport, with all their crews and supports... For two days, they've done recce missions over Comoros and tonight they already are in the skies, from Dzaoudzi Airport. The CDG needed place for the reactivated 9F squadron...
The 9F squadron was reactivated in 2009 with 11 two-seat Hornet and only 3 single-seats... Everybody thought this squadron was a training squadron... and they were right, it was a training squadron... But not only...
The pilots who served in the 9F are the best in the whole French Navy and they have two main missions: during peace time, they have to train the young pilots. But in war time, their skills allowed them doing special operations for NATO, Europe and France...
Tonight, they will finally do their second job!!

-At 10:12PM tonight, from the nuclear subs S606 Perle, S603 Casabianca and HMS Triumph (this SSN was part of Task Force 34/2), 6 teams of 4 commandos unloaded on Comoros coast in order to secure the extraction zones and target the objectives... Half a dozen of DGSE members were already in the place and joined them. For those men, the night will be long, very long...

-On the helicopter carriers Siroco and Mistral, 16 Super Puma transport helicopters and 8 Tigre combat helicopters are ready to take off... On board, more than 150 commando troopers were ready for the extractions... With the help of the 12 Charles de Gaulle helicopters for the extraction and CSAR missions, it will be the biggest naval helicopter operation ever done by the Marine Nationale...

PHASE TWO: Evacuate and secure the extraction points
PART 1

-The commandos inform that everything is ready for the operation start. The main embassy, military camps and prisons are under constant observation and the troops ready.

-At 00:32AM (April 5th), 24 Mirage 4000 and a couple of A330MRTT tankers based at St Denis de La Réunion Airport take off and flew direct over the Mozambique Channel... Even if everything happens with no problems, Ngasso won't stay at home without trying a bomb attack with its continental based aviation. The Mirage are now ready to deal with Ngasso's Flanker, fully armed with METEOR and MICA missiles...

-At 02:24AM, the first helicopters take off in order to start their mission over the far island of Anjouan... During 20 minutes, all the 36 helicopters took off and start their ways to their target. The main was to have simultaneous attack on the 3 main islands.

-At 02:38AM, the CDG carrier starts its Alpha launches from the North, while the 11F Hornet take off from Mayotte, in the South... Only few minutes after, the first 11F patrol fired its ALARM missiles while a trio of Hornet launched 6 SCALP and a couple of APACHE missiles on MORONI Airport...
The ALARM missiles heats first, destroying most of Mozambique and Comorian radar stations... But the Comoros Islands are verry little, and very close to Mayotte: 11F take off was seeing by a long-range radar before the ALARM launch and now Ngasso's troops are fully ready for the battle...
Everything won't be so easy for French troops...

- At 02:52, while a couple of Su-25 was taking off from Moroni Airport in order to support the mercenaries who were dealing with the 2 commandos' teams, the APACHE and SCALP missiles launch from n°6, n°8 and n°15 F-18FL from the 11F exploded around the airport... One of the Su-25 crashed due to the explosions... Only 3 Mig-29 were flying at this time... And a single Su-25.

-At 03:12, in Grande-Comores, the 2 teams of commandos that are attacked by Ngasso's Russian mercenaries are in great difficulties. The battle already killed a dozen of men, including three French commandos... For the commandos and helicopters, the danger is now everywhere and the extraction at EP-4 (Extraction Point) is now impossible, the RPG flying around all the helicopters wanting to land.
Now, more than 80 mercenaries are around the 6 valid commandos and the unarmed civilian they're trying to protect... In few minutes, if nothing happens, 34 French peoples will be dead!
"Motherfecka!! Where are the Night Hornets?!!" said Captain Lopez, few seconds before a 7,62mm bullet explode is head...

-03:18AM. Finally, the 5 remaining commandos heard an engine noise... It's a jet!! Few jets!!
In the dark, they can't saw the planes, but the light of the engines are clear: a single plane is coming slowly at low altitude, a couple of faster jets flying in circle above it... Lieutenant Belcombe even briefly saw a couple of other jets flying very fast over the see, probably to join the 3 planes already here...
The slowest plane was very close now, and suddenly, the rockets fired under its wings!!
"Those mercenaries will be all dead very s..."

Lieutenant Belcombe will never finish its thought... The Su-25 killed him and all the commandos at its first shot!!
"OK, that's done... Just a circle around the area and the Su-25 will be ready to kill the prisoners. Those French bastards had too... Hey!! What's that!!?"

Hornet n°82 and 43 are late!! The two 9F fighters received the SOS call of the EP-4 men 20 minutes ago and their 5 minutes flight needed to join and save them was transformed into a really nightmare... This Mig-29 pilot was a very good one!! 11 missiles were launched from both side, including the incredible MICA and METEOR!! How this pig succeeded in avoiding them all!! Dealing with its R-73 and those Chinese crap was easy, but how could he deal with METEOR!!!
Well, he is now 120 feets under the sea, so nobody wont ask him anymore... But this air combat killed more than a Russian (or Chinese, or Ukrainian, whatever!) pilot... Hornet n°82 and n°43 pilots clearly saw the rocket launch some kilometres front of them, and the sudden silence on the radio has only one signification... They arrived too late to save the commandos, the Su-25 flying too low under the trees and hills for a MICA shoot. They saw the Su and the two Migs above them, and they probably saw them in return... But no ways to shoot the Su-25 until the Mig are here...

In fact, the Mig didn't saw the Hornets. With their radars off to avoid detection, they can't see the black planes over the black sea... The Mig's pilots finally received a transmission from the Su-25 but it was interrupted and... what??!!

-03:24AM: The most strange fact of the first operation day arrived at this precise moment... In only few seconds, two little missiles arrived from the forest, exploding the Su-25. The light of the explosion revealed briefly to the Russian pilots the fast coming Hornet, just before a single gun shot and their last MICA missile destroy the couple of Fulcrum...

And just few seconds after that, the two Hornet and the surprise Su-25 killer, a little Tigre helicopter flying by Lieutenant Olivier Dovel and Sergeant Stéphane Clivec, droped thousands of 30mm bullets, 70mm rockets and ASSM bombs on the mercenaries positions...
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Archibald

:tornado: Wow!! This is simply fantastic (salvo for the poor commandos slaughtered). I'm so happy with that that I think I'm going to vomit (;) c'est parceque quand je suis content je vomis, et la je suis super content)
This story remind me "La prophetie des sentinelles"... have you red it?
Nice to see Segolene president (I just can't  imagine Sarko threatening N'Gesso, talking with its little voice and shaking its head every two words , and saying "qu'est-ce-que-dois-faire? Laisser N'Gesso la racaille terroriser les braves citoyens francais? il faut nettoyer le Mozambique au Karcher... :P )  and good move for the F-18FL, not FN...  

PolluxDeltaSeven

I didn't know "la Prophétie des Sentinelles". What is it?? It could be interresting ;)

I post this message just to tell that after the end of the backstory, I will post here or in a new post more Hornet F-18FL profiles, including Splinter-Schemed ones (my first splinters!!), low-viz colored (Don't know yet if it will be Madagascan Hornet or French Hornet based in Madagascar), and British Hornet!!
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Archibald

La prophétie des sentinelle is an incredible french comics. It deals with a young man name Loic St Jean flying French CASA CN-235. The first story is now complete (three volumes). Just ask La FNAC or Virgin if they have it (the answer must be yes, because they have it in bordeaux :P ). I can't tell a word of this story but it is done quite well and full of planes well draw.
I wait impatiently your new profiles... (SO-4050 Vautour profiles would be cool, too one day :P )  

Archibald

PD7 the two carriers need a COD aircraft. sone times ago I thought about a
Falcon 10 Vs TBM-700, both navalised of course...
both serve well in the French Army...  

PolluxDeltaSeven

Les grands esprits se rencontrent!!

I thought about exactly the same thing months ago. I even started drawing a COD "Falcon  2000 DM" but well, it was far most complicated that it appeared initially, and, I admit, less interresting than drawing combat planes... So, I cancelled what I planned about it...
About the TBM-700, I thought about it after seeing the Maritime Patrol variant, but I thought that the NH-90 could have the same missions as a COD TBM-700. Of course, the TBM is faster, but the NH-90 could be a COD for the frigates and other ships, so in my mind the NH-90 is prefered.

At the end, I finally chose the less funny solution: the C-2 Greyhound... In 2009, waiting for its second CV, France chose buying some second-hand C-2 and a 4 more new E-2C/D Hawkeye, in FMS of course...
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Archibald

Traduction par Archilogo : "Great spirits always meet"
NH-90 idea is not bad it had probably much payload than a TBM-700 :( .
But please my friend can you resurrected your Falcon 2000 DM atempt? this would be cool...  

Family Guy

QuoteI post this message just to tell that after the end of the backstory, I will post here or in a new post more Hornet F-18FL profiles, including Splinter-Schemed ones (my first splinters!!), low-viz colored
harr can't wait to see them...by the way, nice story you got there.. :D  :D  

PolluxDeltaSeven

Thank you Family Guy ;)

The three F-18FL I'm working on are... specials, but for me very pretty...
The first one is in a fictive Madagascan low-viz scheme (i.e. light grey, light green, light sand). I tried something that could looks like the Greeke F-16 or the Kuwait Hornet, you see?
The two following will be Splinter: one jungle green / sand brown, the second has the same scheme, but viz some grey added...

;)

And for the backsory, I don't know when I'll post the end, because I'm going to Normandy to my girlfriend for my week long hollidays... But whatever, the end will be short... Well, shorter that the Phase 2 post!!
I know it was long (and I wrote it longer first!) But I really want to try writing something in a novel-like style. Putting just the political and military facts is interresting, but adding human names, describing the way those pilots succeed in becoming aces was very interresting!!
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica