F-18FL French Navy

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, April 13, 2006, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archibald

I agree with that...It's fun to imagine name for the pilots. (remember John Duff? Or Harry Cover?) for example, in La Stratégie des sentinelles, all the caracters are named by famous aviation persons (Leduc, etc.) Salvo the hero of course!  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hum... Strange... I thought I post 2 Hornet profiles: the first one with grey_light blue tiger scheme and the other in all dark grey night scheme.
But now, I can't see the second one? Can you guys?? Do you remember if I really post it?
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

Family Guy

nope don't see a profile...

PolluxDeltaSeven

none of them? It could be a problem with the site that host the pictures.

OK, I see them again: one on page 1, the other on page 3, so no problem anymore ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Hammer-nikit

Guys,

The two profiles are there.:) Great storyline PD7, but why don't you insert some real drama, for instance have one of the SuperPumas crash while taking off, all abord die.. this is the kind of sh** happens situations that permeate real war stories, it never goes "picture perfect" as planned in the high echelons... Each large and sudden death toll brings with it many cries to abort the whole action... Politics never seem to disapear...

Don't forget Mozambique is a Portuguese speaking  (and colonized) country... So caracter names should include mixed with the african names traditional Portuguese first and family names such as António, Pedro, Luiz, Marco Aurélio, Guimarães, Pinto, Santos, Soares, Carneiro, etc...

Also if you want this to blend in with Archie's Brazil-French war storyline there is a long-standing Brazilian geopolitical association and economic interest with the Portuguese speaking countries in Africa... We actually train many of these countries future military leaders in Brazil today...

Best Regards,

Hammer

P.S.: Sou obrigado a adicionar o português entre as varias linguas faladas neste grupo tão egrégio... *rs Um grande abraço a todos desde os trópicos!

Archibald

Good idea  Hammer nikit! Mozambique trains Brazilian pilots to harrass France on two fronts (one in Africa, the second in Brazil...)
We can imagine Mozambique militaries cargos (for example, An-70) regularly fly from Mozambique to Brazil loaded of Mercenaries pilots
In ONU, France/ Portugal relations become tense, but Spain proposed a mediation between the two...  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Hello Hammer!

Quotebut why don't you insert some real drama, for instance have one of the SuperPumas crash while taking off, all abord die.. this is the kind of sh** happens situations that permeate real war stories, it never goes "picture perfect" as planned in the high echelons... Each large and sudden death toll brings with it many cries to abort the whole action... Politics never seem to disapear...

Currious you think about it, because it was one of my first idea. I thougt a F/A-18 could crash into an assaut helicopter with one of those drama you described and that is sadly realistic...
But while I was writing the post (April the 19th), I change my mind and describe what happened to the 9F Black Hornets and the Tigre helicopter. That is for a good reason: I was just learning that the day before (April the 18th) a Puma helicopter of the 5th Combat Helicopter Regiment of Pau, South of France, crashed and the 3 people in died... One of my friend, Manu,  was helicopter pilote in this 5th RHC and I was planning to put his name for my fictive heroic pilote death...
But as I didn't know who was the pilote that really died, and even if it wasn't him, he probably won't be happy to read such a story after what happen to his regiment...

But two weeks ago, April 25th, my birthday, I definitively decide not to describe in details the Super Puma crash I wanted to tell for a simple reason: officials published the name of the 3 real victims and Manu was in... It was a very sad birthday for me, and an atroucious day for all Manu's friends and parents...

So... I will continue to post the end of the topic, of course. But even if I post a second anecdote, as I planned initially, it wont be about a crash... Not because no one will happen in my story, but because I haven't the heart for that, I'm sure you all will understand that...

Don't forget Mozambique is a Portuguese speaking (and colonized) country... So caracter names should include mixed with the african names traditional Portuguese first and family names such as António, Pedro, Luiz, Marco Aurélio, Guimarães, Pinto, Santos, Soares, Carneiro, etc...
I didn't forget ;) My girlfriend in from Mayotte, just near to Mozambique and I will probably visit Mozambique and Madagascar last year or the following one...

If I chose an African name, it was... well, just like this. Initialy, I think Ngasso could be a mercenarian that succeed in becoming a Colonel in Mozambique army etc etc... But it was too long.
Initially, the backstory was very long, with page and page of details and anecdotes... But my style in English is more boring than in French, so I finally cut larges parts of the story, including the story of Ngasso... Sorry for that...

But don't worry, we will have a portugese named at the end of the story (in fact one of my teacher's name!  :P )

QuoteAlso if you want this to blend in with Archie's Brazil-French war storyline there is a long-standing Brazilian geopolitical association and economic interest with the Portuguese speaking countries in Africa... We actually train many of these countries future military leaders in Brazil today...
Well, it could be interesting... If Archie want to use my backstories to develop his own, their is of course no problems ;)

Quote.: Sou obrigado a adicionar o português entre as varias linguas faladas neste grupo tão egrégio...
You do well ;) After all, it appears that it's also a multi-linguish topic ;)

PS: I understand a little portugese (do to my friends in the portugese community in Swiss) but I can't speak a word!! So sorry for not replied in the same language ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Hammer-nikit

Don't forget Brazil is a major world economy, with strong and well trained military corps. This is important specially when compared to Mozambique, so it makes much more sense to have Brazilian mercenaries flying the Sukhois in Africa than to have Mozambicans training Brazilian Pilots.. ;) Who knows mayby the Mozambique coup was fostered by Brazilian political and business interests...

Regards

Hammer

PolluxDeltaSeven

In my backstory, Brazil had nothing to do with Ngasso's Mozambique. On the contrary, the  Brazilian government (like most of the UN memers) supported Martin Soares, the pro-western and ex Finance Ministry that was planned to win the elections just before Ngasso take the power (now Soares is in exil in Portugal)...

The country that really really help Mozambique is one more time... China!!
Well, if I was Chinese, I probably will be offended after all we (whiffers) accused them in our futuristic stories... Indeed, most of time, the Chinese are the "Bad Guys" or they help them...
For my part, I do that in two main backstory: Indonesian Theater (because the Chinese really increase their presence i Indonesia) and now Mozambique/Comoros...

For the present story, I chose Chinese (and not UK, Russia or whatever) because of the increasing presence of Chinese Oil industrials in Africa... Moreover, I inspired myself by the nowaday history of Chad and South Sudan where Chinese industrials (in South-Sudan mainly) were "responsible" of the total chaos that still exist, just because some independant tribes was living above oil fields...

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Archibald

Why not? reading this thread I understood something was wrong in my backstory. There's not enough losses on the French side, and too much on the Brazilian side. More, I missed some precise details; my story is too "general".
So I can resurect and enhance my thread... have to think about that :P  

Archibald

Sorry for your friend PD7. The old and rusty Pumas really need replacement as soon as possible... NH-90, quick!!!  

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteSorry for your friend PD7. The old and rusty Pumas really need replacement as soon as possible... NH-90, quick!!!

Yes.. It's always the same song: politicians of both side never want to use the taxes to pay high-tech vehicules etc... just because "the Cold War is over"...
yes, that's true, this "war" is over... But our forces (and forces of a lot of countries) are fighting small conflicts all around the world and with 20 years old aircrafts!!

Damned! The Rafale was planned to enter the service 10 years sooner that what really happened... The politicians delay the thing just to "save" some money...

But finally, we have to deal with old (cheap, yes, but very old) vehicules that cost too much in maintain and sadly too much in human life...  :(

QuoteThere's not enough losses on the French side, and too much on the Brazilian side. More, I missed some precise details; my story is too "general".
So I can resurect and enhance my thread... have to think about that
I tried to build my back story like a movie scenario: everything is good in the beggining... but it is just the begining!!

And for topic resurrection, don't worry: I have a months long Indonesian War that is waiting for my holidays!! And this Mozambique story too!! :lol:

Oh... And I forget to post the weapon board of the F-18FL... I will do that soon...
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteI always thought that we could go back to the "Champion" type of combat where a kings champion fights for his king in single combat in place of armies. But in place of a warrior we put the 2 politicos that want a war in a darkened, locked room and give each person a hammer and a knife. - - - The one that walks out wins. I bet the world would suddenly get a lot less warlike.
:lol:  :lol:
Just waiting for a W. Bush vs Saddam fight! In a great arena with swimsuited girls hidding the round numbers!   :wub:

Well, even if I have no time to write the Ngasso vs Royal champion battle ;) I find the board I drew with the different weapon capacities of the French F-18FL...

It just retake the informations I gave during the first post, but it's in color etc...

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Hammer-nikit

PD7 and Archie,

If you wish to do so we can fold these great France-Brasil and France-Mozambique stories together with my "Straits Crisis" (from the glanini's WWIII thread)  into one coherent story, are you up to the task? ;)

Regards

Hammer

PolluxDeltaSeven

Wow... That's a lot of job!!

But why not? After all, I have two weeks of exams and after it's holidays!!

PS: One condition: we'll add some pirates (even only one or two) in the story!  :wub:  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica