F-18FL French Navy

Started by PolluxDeltaSeven, April 13, 2006, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteThose are some VERY nice profiles you got there! wub.gif

Keep em coming!
thank you Richard!!
From you, I REALLY REALLY appreciate!! (Of course, I appreciate that from anybody!!  :P )

Richard, I can't open the file about the Wyvern. What is it? If it's a drawing, don't you have it in JPEG or something like that??
If yes, i'll be happy to do a Wyvern profile, of course!!

QuotePollux, can you perhaps try do a Prowler in the scheme i will do a hornet in?
Prowler for French Navy??? Why didn't I think about it before!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:

The answer is yes, I could do that ;) Well, due to the lack of time for the moment, it wont be so beautiful and detailled than the Hornet, but I'll do my best ;)
"laissez mes armées être les rochers et les arbres et les oiseaux dans le ciel"
-Charlemagne-

Coming Soon in Alternate History:
-Battlefleet Galactica
-Republic of Libertalia: a modern Pirate Story

B777LR

QuoteProwler for French Navy??? Why didn't I think about it before!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:
Thanks, im gonna do up a plastic one when i get some decals ;)  

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteThanks, im gonna do up a plastic one when i get some decals
i.e. next week ;)
I'll send you them probably monday, but I just have to find a way to send 2 Magic 2 and 2 AMRRAM with the decals without a risk of breaking them ...  :huh:

-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

B777LR

QuoteThanks, im gonna do up a plastic one when i get some decals
i.e. next week ;)
I'll send you them probably monday, but I just have to find a way to send 2 Magic 2 and 2 AMRRAM with the decals without a risk of breaking them ...  :huh:
Perhaps you can put a plastic card in between the decals and missiles, and we can hope they arent too batered up B)

Ill send my decal´s to you sometime between december 24th and now (but as soon as school and work allows it)  

GTX

PD7,

That sheme would have to be one of the most impressive I have seen - it would look great on just about anything!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Gekko_1

Richard, I can't open the file about the Wyvern. What is it? If it's a drawing, don't you have it in JPEG or something like that??
If yes, i'll be happy to do a Wyvern profile, of course!!

Its an Adobe Illustrator file and an Illustrator .eps file. If you have Photoshop you should be able to open it in photoshop.

What graphics program are you using to do your profiles?

PolluxDeltaSeven

Well... I use Photoshop 5 and I can't open the file ...  :huh:

Maybe it' s a too old variant of the program??
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Gekko_1

QuoteWell... I use Photoshop 5 and I can't open the file ...  :huh:

Maybe it' s a too old variant of the program??
Send me your email address and I'll email a version that should work with PS 5.

My email address is:

gekko@aandr.com.au

:cheers:

Richard.

PolluxDeltaSeven

I think you already have my email adress, but I send you an email whatever ;)

Thanks for your help ;)
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

Archibald

Nice profiles! The chat over Dar El Salaam (House of Islam) remind me that Roald Dahl lived here between 1938 and 1939 or so. Red "80 sq" guys!!! (I'm fond of this book)
And Pollux, I know you're a buzy man, but we need that upgraded Comore war scenario :)  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

Yes, you're right about Dahl, I red his book too, long time ago...

And yes, I have to complete the story about Comoros... Maybe a new topic with the final story one day...
But well, I'll try to finish my OA-37F before!  :P  
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica

BlackOps

Stunning Profiles PDS!  Very nice :wub:  
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

B777LR

QuoteThe chat over Dar El Salaam (House of Islam) remind me that Roald Dahl lived here between 1938 and 1939 or so. Red "80 sq" guys!!! (I'm fond of this book)
Yup, every once a year, my school would go mad about him. I think his house was what is now the british embassy... (dar es salaam isnt house of islam though)

Archibald

yep your right! That's "house of something-I-can't-remember-what..."  ^_^
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

PolluxDeltaSeven

QuoteProwler for French Navy??? Why didn't I think about it before!!!!!  :wub:  :wub:
Thanks, im gonna do up a plastic one when i get some decals ;)
Yop!!

I just start the profile of the EA-6F Prowler in French Navy colors!!
No pictures for the moment, but as soon as possible!!

For the back story, it will be a former EA-6B of the US Navy.

Indeed, it appears that the Rafale and the last Super Etendard (or Hornet and the last Sea Mirage F1, depending on the universe you chose ;) ) were not protected enough against SAMs when they operate over Soudan and Yemen...
In the same time, and due to the difficulties in the air missions over those two countries, the US Navy accelerated the EA-18G program, the first squadron becoming operationnal in late 2008 instead of early 2010, in an uncomplete -but still very efficient- variant...

So, a squadron of Prowler was decomissioned 2 years before what was planed... French Navy saw here an opportunity to have a very good SEAD and jammer plane for low cost...
Contracts were signed with Boeing, Thalès and Safran in order to modernize a little fleet of 6 EA-6B in a new EA-6F...

The EA-6F will have an enforced airframe (in order to give it 12 more years of lifetime) sometimes with some composit materials.
The engines were replaced by the M88-G4 used on the modernised Super Etendard (see the topic "South American Navies' for more information about that) and the electronic suite was modernised by Thalès and Boeing with newest elements form both the Rafale and the EA618G Growler...

The EA-6B enter the operationnal service in 2009 in the Flotille 6F and was gradualiy modernised into the EA-6F standard until 2012...

In the same time, the introduction of the AARGM anti-radar missile in French arsenal (EA-6 first, then Rafale M and Rafale C/B) gives to French forces new abilities and reactivity against those modern threats (SAM, AWACS etc..) we used to think as "Cold War Dinosaurs" before the Sudanese and Mozambican conflicts...
-Charlemagne-

-Battlefleet Galactica