Not *really* a What If but...

Started by John Howling Mouse, April 14, 2006, 06:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

My kid really liked the McGyver Group Build idea of making something out of "found objects" and made this model car at school yesterday, which she spelled as a Chrisler 300.  Their teacher actually timed them to see how quickly they could build a vehicle meeting a checklist of specifications (axles, wheels, etc.).

Three-quarter beauty shot for the glossy sales brochure:

Obligatory "ordnance" underside shot:

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Gary

Soooo, what kind of mileage does it get?   ^_^  
Getting back into modeling

The Rat

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

She's well on her way to becoming one of us!

Er, is that a good thing...?  :huh:

Very creative, and the idea of a round car is really cool, I want one!  :D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Eddie M.

Very cool. B) Abstract out of the "box car" thinking at it's best! :D
    Eddie
Look behind you!

SimonR

Very cool! Buy her assorted kits, Evergreen, bondo and a razor saw for Christmas.
Simon

This is the curse of speed;  I have been a slave to it all my life. On my gravestone they will carve 'It never got fast enough for me'.
Hunter S. Thompson

noxioux

It's probably more durable than it's namesake.

John Howling Mouse

QuoteIt's probably more durable than it's namesake.
Ack,  no, don't tell me that!!!   :o  :(  

Tophe

Your kid has a true talent, Barry. Not the same as yours, but this is a gift of God, obviously. This little thing is so cute, so absurd, so funny :wub:  :P  :lol:  :D  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Ollie

Awesome Barry!

She's a pro!

:)  :cheers:  

cthulhu77

Free thought like that is priceless...you should be very, very proud !

Brian da Basher

Man it's a good thing I don't build cars, or I'd have to go looking for a new hobby! That little lady has talent Mr Howling Mouse! Yet more proof the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

Thanks, guys.  Her "model" is on display right next to mine.

Gotta keep sharp, kid's closing in on me!

Tophe

Reading again this topic, I wondered: what is the meaning of Cambria artistically written on the model? :huh:  I asked Google Pictures and got the answer: Cambria was a flying boat, and Miss Howling Mouse turned it geniusly into a flying saucer landplane... Great! Congratulations, little girl, you are going to be an even better What-if modeller than your dear father, already so good... :D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

John Howling Mouse

QuoteReading again this topic, I wondered: what is the meaning of Cambria artistically written on the model? :huh:  I asked Google Pictures and got the answer: Cambria was a flying boat...
Heh, I've never seen that pic, Tophe---thanks!

"Cambria" was the name of a girlfriend of mine from long, long ago (in another galaxy) when I was a teenager.  Believe it is originally an ancient Welsh name for Wales.  It is also a small town in California.

At any rate, my wife liked the prior girlfriend's name so much, that is what she chose for our daughter's name!  

wolfik

....its the answer to our fuel problems.... ;)
yesterday i was looking a political talk show about the possible iran-west idiots-war and a man sayed fuel will costs here in europe ca.2,00 euro for a litre ....because the possible war and it will costs so much in this year!!!!
a mule will be cheaper.... :huh:
or a....bobby-car :lol:
John....tell your kid its a very nice work! :)

regards