Anigrand

Started by NARSES2, April 16, 2006, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maverick

G'day Gang,

Cybermodeler has a review of the 72nd Anigrand XB-48.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/ani/kit_ani_2084.shtml

Regards,

Mav

Jeffry Fontaine

Scott Van Aken has a new kit review posted today for the Anigrand #AA-4024, 1/144th scale C-124A/C Globemaster II this kit also includes three additional resin 1/144th scale kits of the Waco CG-4A, Cessna UC-78, and Cessna LC-126. 

I remember when these large and lumbering aircraft used to visit my little island paradise of Adak, Alaska back in the day.  They were later replaced by the C-133 for the same mission which was to transport the nuclear weapons from the bunkers back to the depot for periodic scheduled overhaul and maintenance. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Mossie

Quote from: cthulhu77 on September 19, 2008, 03:02:50 PM
After just completing an Anigrand kit, I am going to wait to see the resin first...this last one was a real dog, and at 116 bucks, somewhat irritating.

I splashed out Greg!  The resin actually looks pretty good.  All in all I'd say if you're willing to part with the cash, it's worth it.  I know you've been burnt by an Anigrand kit, & I've had one that's not fantastic before.  I'm pretty sure it was towards the end of the short-run, maybe this was the same with yours?  I'd recommend buying them when they first appear, that way you can be pretty certain of getting a decent one.

Major parts, crisply moulded, not a lot in the way of casting problems, no large plugs to take care of.  Minor parts look very well cast, didn't shoot those because there's too many & I'd loose some!

Fit of major parts.  Looks worse than it is here, there's one or two blemishes on the horizontal mating surfaces & location pins but nothing that should take long to clear up.  Vertical mating surfaces are worse , but nothing major.

Some of the casting problems, a few artifacts & cast overruns.  One medium sized hole in the intake, shouldn't be too difficult to fill.  Not shown, there are two pin holes in the main upper fuse were the locating holes are, but that's all.  The cutouts where the burner cans go in the fuse will need 'cutting out', the resin has largely flooded these.

Ka-58 'Secret Kit'.  Fuselage one part.  Many fiddly looking bits!  Fuselage edges may need a little filling & tidying.  One rotor is warped, but you get a spare anyway.  Ten rockets too, where you only need eight, which is good because they're suitable fodder for the carpet monster!

MiG-37 'Secret Kit'.  Fuselage one part.  As with the Ka-58, fuselage edges may need a little tidying.  Casting plugs remain, whereas they've been removed on all the other kits.

Sukhoi T-50 PAK-FA 'Secret Kit'.  Fuselage in two parts.  Extra burner can supplied, couldn't fathom why but the more the merrier!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

QuoteExtra burner can supplied, couldn't fathom why

For whiffing - that's why!!!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Shouldn't be too difficult to slot the spare can in where the tail boom is! :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the T4 kit? I am planning to get one so it'd be nice to kno wup fron thow much cash I've got to put aside from the 2009 show fund.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

I paid £54 for it from Hannants, but I picked it up at Telford so I took advantage of no postage & their 10% discount.  I wouldn't leave it too late before splashing it out, as I've mentioned here I believe that buying kits from Anigrand later means your more likey to get a dodgy kit when the moulds starts to wear.

Green Dragon

Nostalgic Plastic has announced some more Anigrand kits in 1/72nd and 1/144th scales to be released after the AH-56A Cheyenne.
In 72nd there will be a Boeing YUH-61 Helicopter http://www.nostalgicplastic.com/comesoon.cfm?DTTM=20081220164938&RequestedTimeout=500&KI=2826 that lost out to the UH-60 Blackhawk. I've wanted one of them for a while.
In 144th there will be the Lockheed XB-30 "Conniebomber" http://www.nostalgicplastic.com/comesoon.cfm?DTTM=20081220164938&RequestedTimeout=500&KI=2825 and the Douglas XB-31 http://www.nostalgicplastic.com/comesoon.cfm?DTTM=20081220164938&RequestedTimeout=500&KI=2824
Both designs were in competition with the B-29. No idea what the usual extra kits will be yet.

There are a hell of a lot of great subjects that I wanted from Anigrand but with the screwy economy at the moment I'm keeping my cash for emergencies and essentials (like Revell C-17's and Zvezda Halo's!). ;D

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

NARSES2

Current Anigrand direct price on the T4 is $88 + $14 postage - approx £68.  Hannants - £60.19 + £5.8 postage.

So on this occasion because Hannants had stock at a slightly higher exchange rate they are cheaper !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Hobbes

There's one I don't understand. Why compete with Welsh Models on those, when there are plenty of other subjects out there?

PR19_Kit

The 'secret kits' included with these three are interesting. I make it as below.

The Valiant comes with a Fairey FD-2, a Bristol 188 and an HP115.

The Vulcan comes with an Avro 707 of some sort, a Saro SRA-1 and a DH 108 Swallow

The Victor comes with a Bristol 192/Belvedere, and I can't figure out the other two. :(

Anyone any ideas?

And what are they on about the Victor '....showing power in Borneo'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: Hobbes on January 16, 2009, 01:26:57 AM
There's one I don't understand. Why compete with Welsh Models on those, when there are plenty of other subjects out there?

It's not the first time Anigrand have done this, I'm not sure why.  The kits are dearer, at least at the current exchange rate but you do get the Secret Kits which are quite a bonus.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 16, 2009, 01:49:39 AM
The Victor comes with a Bristol 192/Belvedere, and I can't figure out the other two. :(

Anyone any ideas?

And what are they on about the Victor '....showing power in Borneo'?

I don't know about the prop job (I thought it might be a Short Sea Mew at first) but I think the flying wing is the General Aircraft GAL.61 that never flew.

I had to look up Victors being used in Borneo, there's a tiny bit on Wiki & Britains Smallwars that states that they were used in a single offensive mission, the only offensive mission carried out by Victors.
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Borneo/borneo-aircraft.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_Victor#Operational_history

Blurb comes up for the forthcoming Aerofax guide on the Victor as well, maybe they'll be more in there when it's released?  Trev might be the best to tap up for this info!

PR19_Kit

Mossie,

Quote from: Mossie on January 16, 2009, 03:48:54 AM
I don't know about the prop job (I thought it might be a Short Sea Mew at first) but I think the flying wing is the General Aircraft GAL.61 that never flew.

I had to look up Victors being used in Borneo, there's a tiny bit on Wiki & Britains Smallwars that states that they were used in a single offensive mission, the only offensive mission carried out by Victors.
http://www.britains-smallwars.com/Borneo/borneo-aircraft.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_Victor#Operational_history

Yes, that GAL.61 looks right on for that silhouette, there were so many tailless devices around then you lose track of them. See this page for some superb modelling of all them! The builder should be one of us!

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2006/06/stuff_eng_hrubisko_tailless.htm

The GAL.61 is the all yellow one.

The Seamew had a VAST plank-like wing (actually all of the Seamew was a plank......) and the tailplane also but with rounded tips, so that lets that out. There's something bugging me about that ultra-short nose and the tapered wings of that silhouette. It'll come to mind in about 6 months of course. :)

As a result of your comment about the Seamew I went and had a look at my Magna resin kit of it. Then I thought better of if and put it away again.... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

It's bugging me too, I [url]know /url] I've seen it!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Got to hit the books when I get home, it's driving me nuts! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: