Anigrand

Started by NARSES2, April 16, 2006, 01:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Just noticed they've got the "Sci-Fi Dynamics" page down for rebuilding.  Wonder what he's doing.

EDIT:  Just heard on SSM that his site was hit by a virus and that page was the only one it really affected.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Green Dragon

According to Nostalgic Plastic the 1/72nd C-17 is being repopped in March and has been altered to fix the problems the original release had. US price $217. http://www.nostalgicplastic.com/comesoon.cfm?DTTM=20100208111214&RequestedTimeout=500&KI=1599

US price for the 1/72nd KC-10A is currently $160 but subject to change. http://www.nostalgicplastic.com/comesoon.cfm?DTTM=20100208132709&RequestedTimeout=500&KI=4017

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Green Dragon

Seems the 1/72nd scale C-17 upgraded parts are only going to be available from Nostalgic Plastic. http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/news100208a.shtml

Also the KC-10A price is up to $196.

Paul Harrison
Edit:-Forgot to credit Cybermodeler with the news! First site I look at every day!
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

anthonyp

Buh-bye Anigrand Star Wars kits.

Apparently, they were hit by a C&D by LucasFilm.

More can be read at the Starship Modeler Star Wars Anigrand thread.

(scroll to the top of the page, since I apparently linked to a post midway down)

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: anthonyp on February 12, 2010, 09:07:04 PMBuh-bye Anigrand Star Wars kits.

Apparently, they were hit by a C&D by LucasFilm.

More can be read at the Starship Modeler Star Wars Anigrand thread.

(scroll to the top of the page, since I apparently linked to a post midway down)

Darth McLucas strikes again.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Can't say I'm surprised - in fact, I'm surprised it took this long given how ruthless Lucasarts are regarding copyright.  Hell, they've even issued C&D's to game modders who've done FREE Star Wars mods.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: nev on February 13, 2010, 02:06:31 AMCan't say I'm surprised - in fact, I'm surprised it took this long given how ruthless Lucasarts are regarding copyright.  Hell, they've even issued C&D's to game modders who've done FREE Star Wars mods.

That is sad, especially if there was no profit to be gained from their efforts. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

PR19_Kit

Typical 'big business' attitude, isn't it?   >:(

Their corprorate greed gets the better of them, and they HAVE to show they are the Daddies of course.

I recall the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway tried that stunt some years ago when they demanded 'licence fees' for every model railroad vehicle carrying their logo, and that was from the guys who'd bought the models! The entire model railroad community responded by not running any Chessie locos or freight cars on any layouts anywhere for about a year.  -_-

Modellers : 5 Chessie : 0........

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Sauragnmon

I can't help but find Irony in the whole Lucasarts thing - he started out on his own to avoid the big empires of companies that were jerking him around, and now his company has become one of the worst of the big empires.

Reminds me of Nietzche's line that those who hunt monsters should be careful of becoming what they hunt...
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

nev

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 13, 2010, 03:31:41 AM
Quote from: nev on February 13, 2010, 02:06:31 AMCan't say I'm surprised - in fact, I'm surprised it took this long given how ruthless Lucasarts are regarding copyright.  Hell, they've even issued C&D's to game modders who've done FREE Star Wars mods.

That is sad, especially if there was no profit to be gained from their efforts.  

Although not the worst example.  Either Marvel or DC Comics, I forget which, tried to sue the makers of a superhero computer game.  The game didn't include any copyrighted material, but it did include a modders toolkit which could, potentially, be used by the gaming community to create (free) mods that infringed their copyright.  I mean, what next?  Banning paper and pencils because I could create a drawing that infringes copyright? :banghead:

edit:  I should point out that Lucas does have a point here.  Anigrand are selling his intellectual property without permission.  Of course the stupidity comes in that he is never likely to release these models officially, and the licensing fees that would be required if Anigrand were to be allowed to do it would be so extortionate as to make them commercially unviable.

And cost more than his lawyers Cease & Desist.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

PR19_Kit

Quote from: nev on February 13, 2010, 09:54:18 AM
edit:  I should point out that Lucas does have a point here.  Anigrand are selling his intellectual property without permission.  Of course the stupidity comes in that he is never likely to release these models officially, and the licensing fees that would be required if Anigrand were to be allowed to do it would be so extortionate as to make them commercially unviable.

And cost more than his lawyers Cease & Desist.

And so who are the losers here?

EVERYONE, Lucas himself, Mr. Anigrand and us, the modellers.  :unsure:

What's the point of it all?   :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

anthonyp

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 13, 2010, 10:31:47 AM

Greed, pure and simple.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: anthonyp on February 13, 2010, 07:17:10 PM

Greed, pure and simple.

Sure, but he's not getting ANYthing out of this now, and neither are we.

Regards
Kit

famvburg

Neither is Anigrand, which was more of the point. It used to be that things like this were looked upon as 'free publicity', but now it's "How much can I make off of it?" & if the response is 'nothing', then it's "Well, they won't either."

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2010, 03:50:44 AM
Quote from: anthonyp on February 13, 2010, 07:17:10 PM

Greed, pure and simple.

Sure, but he's not getting ANYthing out of this now, and neither are we.

Green Dragon

Really wanted that Sentinel Shuttle kit. Sad news indeed and George Lucas has, yet again, turned to the Darkside (nothing darker in the universe than Lawyers!... maybe politicians?). He is the Evil Emperor personified.  :wacko:

Paul Harrison

On the bench.