Su-27 Flanker (all variants)

Started by GTX, April 17, 2006, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a Sukhoi Su-34 (ie the two seat side by side variant) in 1/48 scale?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

elmayerle

I'm not sure, I seem to remember someone (Sol?) making a conversion but that's the only one I know.  I suspect there'll be more at such time as it finally becomes operational.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

noxioux

I've also looked for a 1/48 version and come up with nothing.  I would be interested in one of those as well.

And I wouldn't mind seeing one in 1/32, either.  After building that Trumpeter 1/32 F-105, I've kinda got a taste for the bigger kits.  The only downside (and it's a hell of a downside) is what to do with them when they're done!

Sisko

The only game in town for that bird is the 1/72 scale italieri kit. I was looking at doing one as an F-111 replacement and ran into the same problem.

I guess trumpeter might do one but I would not hold my breath.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

GTX

QuoteI was looking at doing one as an F-111 replacement

Me too!  I guess great minds think alike.  I was planning on re-engining mine along with new avionics and weapons - you can't argue with the aerodynamics though.

Regards,

Greg

B777LR

Italeri makes a fine Su-34 in 1/72 ;)  

PanzerWulff

QuoteItaleri makes a fine Su-34 in 1/72 ;)
I know I have one and it's not small at all it's about the size of a 1/48 F-16 I have it parked next to my Mig-31 awaiting Paint
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Spey_Phantom

im suprised to fing that there was no SU-27 topic in this thread  :huh:

surely the SU-27/30/32/34/35/37 has some potential experimental developments that could be used as some serious whiff fodder  :lol:

take this one for exsample, the SU-27LL-PS  :wub:
russias awnser to the F-15S/MTD Active.
got this profile from my 1999/2000 Air Power collection  :mellow:

so, lets get thinking shall we  <_<
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Sauragnmon

The irony is, unline the F-15S/MTD, the Flanker with TVC has actually been built - the Su-30 in some of its incarnations includes vectoring, the FP's only vector on one axis, but the Russians actually did something to compensate - the axes are positioned asymmetrically, in a V pattern, to provide further effectiveness than just pitch vectoring.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Jeffry Fontaine

Has anyone attempted to create a variable geometry wing Su-27?  Maybe a kit bash with an F-111 for the conversion?  Or if you happen to have an Su-24 Fencer that is begging to be busted up for parts that might work as well.  At least with the F-111 wings you get the pylons which would fit in nicely with the two seat Su-thirty-something with the side by side seating arrangements.  Might just be what it needs for a conversion to carrier operations. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ElectrikBlue

Quote from: Overkiller on December 24, 2008, 04:39:34 AM
Initial take on the VG Su-27, needs work and I think the horizontal stabilisors would need positioning lower down on the engine nacelles so as not to foul the VG wing at max sweep back.
:cheers:
Duncan

Really nice VG Su-27.  :thumbsup: :wub:

A similar problem can occur with the fins, they may have to be moved inwards like in the T-10 prototype.

Regards to all,

EB

famvburg

Most of the early (late '70s - early '80s) drawings of the Flanker showed it a swing-wing design. Most of those drawings looked like an F-18 with Su-17 or Backfire type wing roots & swing wings.

Quote from: Overkiller on December 24, 2008, 03:13:04 AM
Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on December 24, 2008, 02:00:18 AM
Has anyone attempted to create a variable geometry wing Su-27?  Maybe a kit bash with an F-111 for the conversion?  Or if you happen to have an Su-24 Fencer that is begging to be busted up for parts that might work as well.  At least with the F-111 wings you get the pylons which would fit in nicely with the two seat Su-thirty-something with the side by side seating arrangements.  Might just be what it needs for a conversion to carrier operations. 

Jeffry,

you must be reading my mind again! Must get that tinfoil helmet sorted out pronto! :lol:

A VG Sukhoi is an idea I've been kicking around for a while, IIRC back in the 80's in the Bill Gunston Book "Future Fighters"  the then very new and VERY SCARY Sukhoi Su-27 was outlined in what detail was known at the time. In the outline a blurry spy sat photo of the plane was shown with an assertion from Bill Gunston that both fixed and VG winged prototypes had been flown for comparative purposes. Okay we know that isn't true now, but it would certainly make for an interesting "double take" model.... can you say "Tomkatski"?  ;D

I would think F-111 wings would be best for such a kitbash.

:cheers:

Duncan

GTX

Well he might be a fool on most accounts, but he does do a nice PLA-N Su-34:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

If we're talking VG Flankers, how about a Su-34VG with wings also from the Sukhoi stable:

Regards,

Greg

kitnut617

Quote from: Sisko on April 18, 2006, 05:20:05 PM

The only game in town for that bird is the 1/72 scale italieri kit. I was looking at doing one as an F-111 replacement and ran into the same problem.

I guess trumpeter might do one but I would not hold my breath.

According to my book, there's three companies that make a kit in 1/72, Draugs (no, I've never heard of them either  :blink: ) Interavia and Italeri (nice model, got a couple) and Bilek & Revell reboxed the Italeri kit. Then there's the Trumpeter 1/144 kit.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike