Concorde bomber

Started by Archibald, April 18, 2006, 06:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seavixen

QuoteThere's a white RAF Bomber-Concorde 1/144 on the site of our friend JCC: see http://kitbox.free.fr/reportages/IPMSUK04_...4_P/page13.html
(and in French for you Archie!) :)
Will you be more original including coloured camouflage or something? :D
Crikey, have you seen the Rotodyne on that link? The tiger paintwork is amazing!
Stackridge: Rhubarb Thrashers of the World Unite

Archibald

Wow shasper this is fantastic! Mine will have a bomb bay, a fixed nose and a grey/green camo with French markings. I managed to cut a rectangular hole under the belly, and change this into a bomb bay...  
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Archibald

Other picture of the future bomb bay...  
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.

Tophe

Quotethe fully loaded twin concorde range : nearly 14000km, as good as an A340!!
How'd make the calculation? A double plane has not double range, if there is twice the drag, twice more engines to feed, there is a little improvement maybe, but only engineers could calculate... well, no: what if the range was 7,000²=49,000,000km=30,000,000 miles, not bad... :D

Quotea concorde bomber. The project was apparetly studied in real world, and I really want to know more about it...
I have just received Tony Buttler's book "Soviet Secret Projects - Bombers since 1945" and the Tu-144 (Soviet Concorde) was deeply analysed in Bomber version (on the drawing board and with industrial scale models); probably the same happened for the Concorde, at least a little, unofficially - or secretly :ph34r:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

elmayerle

If anyone is interested, the article in the last issue of APR on Boeing's WS-110A (B-70) proposals includes a few drawings that give enough data on that aircraft's weapons bay that it could be used in developing one for the Bombcorde.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Archibald

Euh yes double planes have double fuel and rnginres but alos double drag. But your calculations are not bad, too. Thanks for the precision elmayerle I'd like to see that...  

Shasper

Quotea concorde bomber. The project was apparetly studied in real world, and I really want to know more about it...
I have just received Tony Buttler's book "Soviet Secret Projects - Bombers since 1945" and the Tu-144 (Soviet Concorde) was deeply analysed in Bomber version
Great, now I'm off to find a Tu-144 kit ^_^

Shas B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

B777LR

What a large whiff. Somebody over at the airfix forums are also doing a whiff like this using the heller kit.

Archibald

Well it's nice to see so many people making a concorde bomber. Sadly, it's thirty years too late... otherwise we could have try to make a concorde-bomber lobby, to push our governement to make it (in real). :P ....  

noxioux

Is it just me, or is this project idea screaming for an internal bay scheme a la B-1B, with three modular bays that could accept a variety of pallets or rotary launcher?

Shasper

If they'll fit (reason why I didnt go that route w/t Mk.1), unless you do major redo on the fuselodge to accomodate the bays and the SRLs, much less the ordnance on them.

Shas B)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Martin H

QuoteThere's a white RAF Bomber-Concorde 1/144 on the site of our friend JCC: see http://kitbox.free.fr/reportages/IPMSUK04_...4_P/page13.html
(and in French for you Archie!) :)
Will you be more original including coloured camouflage or something? :D
Crikey, have you seen the Rotodyne on that link? The tiger paintwork is amazing!
That rotadyne was built by Eddie Kruk, who finaly gave in to mine and Geoff P's nagging and joined the What if sig back in january at the Bolton show.

No idea who did that concorde thou.  
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Archibald

It seem logical to have abomb bay on a bomber no? (salvo in the Mirage IV and Vigilante :P ). It was not too difficult to make (cutting the plastic in the right place with a metal scissor, then sanding a lot...)  

waynos

Love the concorde bomber! It looks fabulous.

Your whiff has reminded me of my first major whiff, 25 years ago! It too was a bomber based on Concorde but I took a different route, sadly the model is long dead but I wonder if I might recreate it?

I called it the BAe Anvil B.2 (it seemed a cool name at the time)

here are the changes I made, briefly. (Airfix, 1/144)

Fuselage - removed fin/rudder, covered hole with half a long thin fuel tank (1/72 Mirage III?)'ECM fairing'.

wing ; cut off tips, fitted swept back outer half of wing from 1/72 Jaguar to give new shape. Wing/body blending sculpted with filler, similar style to Mirage 4000 but slightly more exaggerated.

fitted twin fins (can't remember what from but similar shape to X-29 fin)) directly above engine centreline on trailing edge of wing.

canards (1/72 Hawk tailplanes) fitted above and behind cockpit area

colour scheme; the then current all over wrap around green & grey camouflage and B type roundels as seen on Vulcans at the time.

It looked bloody marvellous!  :D

Tophe

:wub: Wonderful, it seems, yes, a twin-fin Concorde ^_^
Even if the actual model is dead, have you saved at least one picture? :huh:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]